Who we are
Factry helps industrial companies improve their production processes. And we’re one of a kind, because we’re experts in connecting industrial equipment with modern open source software.
We’ve been international since day 1: while based in Ghent, Belgium, we maintain Factry software all over the world! And we’re good at it, too: our clients love our work. We wouldn’t settle for less.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an engineer to help us bridge Industrial IT with open source IT in a project and support role. Your main focus will be to help our clients make the most out of Factry Historian and other Factry products.
As a Customer Data Engineer, you will:
- Investigate and resolve issues, focusing on delivering an effortless support experience.
- Quickly understand the client’s business context and provide creative solutions.
- Prioritize customer support questions and address them in a timely manner.
- Onboard new clients onto Factry Historian and upcoming Factry products.
- Installing and configuring Factry Historian instances, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Forward customer feedback into our product development pipeline.
- Scale up the knowledge (technical, communication skills) of the support team.
Our Core Values
We believe open and accessible information is the best way to help others, to transfer knowledge and to create trust. We help our customers to gain clear insights by implementing an open data culture in their company.
Backed up by 20 years of experience, we strive for maximum customer satisfaction by enhancing operational efficiency and productivity. Our secret goal is to make clients say they should have met us earlier.
Factry believes radical innovation is key to operational improvement. We evoke change by guiding our clients towards a digital factory, delivering solutions that create value today and in the future.
We believe in being the same people we are online and offline, in the office and outside of it. We take our time to understand your challenges, deliver solutions and to continuously build genuine customer intimacy.
We believe that any industrial process can benefit from automation, even on a very modest scale. We spread the power of optimism, as we believe small steps can make a big difference in creating the factory of the future.
- Fun factor
Factry is about creating fun and exciting user experiences. We love empowering people to explore, experiment, and make better operational decisions based on historical data. Anytime, on any device and in real-time.
- You’re motivated to understand and solve hard problems.
- You have a masters degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent, and 3+ years of relevant experience. Industrial experience is a plus.
- Data is your thing. You have experience with SQL and know how to transform raw data into useful information. Experience with time-series is a plus.
- The internet is your backyard. You can
SSH into a linux server. You know about network interfaces, TCP, HTTP, firewalls and how they are all tied together.
- You’re a motivated learner who is open to learning any new technology. You know how to google things.
- You have at least some experience in software development. At a minimum, you know how to programmatically interact with a REST API. You feel at
/home in a command-line environment, and you know your
- You have a pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset, thinking beyond today’s needs.
- You take ownership and are proud of your work. We value people who learn from mistakes and improve themselves in tiny ways every day.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are an active listener, trying to figure out the underlying needs of the client.
- You’re proficient in English and preferably also in Dutch. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
So what do you get?
- A dynamic work environment with plenty of room for your ideas.
- The opportunity for personal growth and development of new skills.
- A healthy work / life balance adapted to your needs. A healthy dose of remote work is part of the culture.
- Competitive salary depending on your experience.
- A creative working environment. We’re based in a brand new office building in Ghent, a 1 minute walk from the train station Ghent Dampoort. The office comes with a pool table, an unlimited coffee supply, protected bike parking, showers, and much more.
YES! That’s me! Now what?
- Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 1 week, and maybe invite you for a first interview at our office.
- We give you some technical challenges to test your skills.
- Finally, you have a second conversation with our management.
- Go? Go!
One more thing…
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Factry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Questions? Contact Jeroen.