Factry develops software solutions to help our customers get insights in their industrial processes. And we’re one of a kind, because we know our way around industrial systems while also having a lot of expertise with advanced technologies from the web- and IoT-space. Every day, we build open software for use in an industrial context. We’ve been international since day 1: while based in Ghent, Belgium, we maintain Factry software all over the world! And we’re good at it, too: our clients love our work. We wouldn’t settle for less.
We are looking for you to join our motivated team of engineers. Your main focus will be to develop new functionality on top of Factry Historian and other Factry products.
- As a Software Engineer, you will support our team to realize products for our clients.
- You will solve tangible business problems together with our team.
- You will manage or assist in 3 to 4 software development projects in parallel.
- You will participate in the design of new software components.
- You will incorporate and expand CI/CD methodology.
- You will increase and improve architecture in both frontend / backend / database.
- You will provide support on solutions that we delivered in the past.
- You will interact directly with production managers and operators - in an industrial context.
- You will write the necessary documentation for the software you developed.
- You have a masters degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent.
- You’re a motivated learner who is open to learn any new technology.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in software development:
- You know
nbackend programming languages like Java or C#, where
n ≳ 2. You know what a pointer is. Knowledge of Go (the language) is a plus.
- You can
SELECT something FROM database;with a clever SQL query, and you know the
- You are some
- You feel at
/homein a command-line environment, and you know your
- You have a pragmatic and entrepreneurial mindset, thinking beyond today’s needs.
- You take ownership and are proud of your work. We value people who learn from mistakes and improve themselves in tiny ways every day.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-paced working environment. As a startup, we don’t have all the corporate-y features :-)
- You’re motivated to understand and solve hard problems.
- You have good communication skills.
- You are an active listener, trying to figure out the underlying needs of the client.
- You’re proficient in English and preferably also in Dutch. Knowledge of any other language is an advantage.
So what do you get?
- A dynamic work environment with plenty of room for your ideas.
- The opportunity for personal growth and development of new skills.
- A healthy work / life balance adapted to your needs. Occasional remote work is possible.
- Competitive salary depending on your experience.
- A MacBook Pro or similar laptop.
- A chance to grow together with the company. We’re just getting started.
- A creative working environment. We’re based in a brand new office building in Ghent, a 1 minute walk from the train station Ghent Dampoort. The office comes with a pool table, an unlimited coffee supply, protected bike parking, showers, and much more.
YES! That’s me! Now what?
- Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We will respond within 1 week, and maybe invite you for a first interview at our office.
- We give you some technical challenges to test your skills.
- Finally, you have a second conversation with our management.
- Go? Go!
Questions? Contact Jeroen .